HIGH SCHOOL BOYS
Rumson Fair-Haven High School Boys Lacrosse is a completely parent funded organization offering Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshmen teams. The Head Coach is Marc Moreau and the program is administered by RFH Youth Lacrosse and RFH High School. RFH is a member of the Shore Conference. Outside of the Shore Conference schedule, RFH HS Boys Lacrosse plays an extremely competitive schedule including top ranked teams within the state and nationally.
To: ALL THOSE INTERESTED IN PLAYING HIGH SCHOOL LACROSSE
From: Rumson – Fair Haven Youth Lacrosse Organization
PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY! THERE IS A TON OF INFORMATION AND THINGS YOU NEED TO ACT UPON IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS.
We will try to cover everything but I am sure there will be questions.
In order to better serve our members, RFH Youth Lacrosse has a dedicated website: URL www.rfhyouthlacrosse.org The registration platform is the same as last year so most of your information should be captured. Please update where necessary.
You will need to login to the www.rfhyouthlacrosse.org website and register to play (direct link: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/220157 Most of you know, the high school program is a self-funded sport at the high school. We rely on the fee charged to the players, as well as the generosity of donations to fund the high school lacrosse program. We will once again be using Charity Mania to offset the total cost of the program. Each player will be asked to sell tickets which will cover costs as well as give individuals the ability to offset the registration fee or earn prizes. We hope to have details in the next few weeks. We continue to work with our vendors and staff to minimize the cost as much as possible. The current fee to participate at the high school level is $525. It is the same price as last year. We also understand that individual families face financial challenges at different points in time. If your family cannot afford the registration fee or the pre-season fee, we have given partial scholarships to a limited number of families under extreme conditions. Please contact Gordon Sweely at 908-230-9536 or email@example.com to have a confidential discussion.
- There will be voluntary workouts scheduled for all RFH HS players beginning in late January. In order to provide everyone a jump-start to the season, we are excited to have AJ Schaufler running the sessions. We have expanded the number of pre-season indoor field sessions to ten sessions this year. The cost of the sessions is $200.Registration for the sessions be accessed at: https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/220158
The schedule is as follows:
Tuesdays Jan 21st thru Feb 25th 7:00pm - 9:00
Saturdays Jan 25th thru Feb 29th 4:15pm – 6:15
Note: All sessions held at Compete Academy (1930 Heck Ave. Neptunr City, NJ)
The season officially starts Friday, March 6th.
- We will be playing the most competitive schedule in program history against teams from around the state as well as the shore conference. Tentative schedule is posted on www.rfhyouthlacrosse.org
- Stay tuned for a date and time for our parent meeting with Coach Moreau later in January.
- We have consolidated vendors in order to bring wholesale prices to our players across a broad range of lacrosse items. We have a private website through Universal Lacrosse which will open in about a week.
You can order our standard “practice packs” at extremely competitive prices, with some items being totally customizable to include the players name. Please see the notes at the end of this letter for details and instructions on the web and ordering information.
- Please also register upon completion of the online registration in the HS Jevin system. Go to www.rumsonfairhaven.org, type “Jevin” in the search, you will be directed to Athletics and see a “Click Here” for Jevin. If you have not been on the system, create an account and register for lacrosse, if you are already on the system, please register for lacrosse. It is essential to register on Jevin by February 1, as paperwork is due to the Athletic Department before you are eligible to play on March 6th.
- Lastly, we would like to thank everyone for the support of our organization since its inception. We are proud of the success our high school has had over the years: 13 Divisional Championships over 14 years, 4 Shore Conference Championships in the last 7 years, 4 State Sectional Championships and 1 State Group Championship. We look to build on these successes both as an organization and individually for our players as they transition to the college game.
WEBSITE ORDERING: DETAILS TO FOLLOW
Most information is pretty straightforward. If you know retail pricing of gear and helmets, you will see the significant discount we can offer. Additionally, we will receive a credit toward necessary high school equipment with every purchase. You will also see a promotional discount code from Universal Lacrosse if there are other equipment needs you might have. A couple of notes on timing of delivery and the team “Practice Packs” used by all levels from Freshmen thru Varsity:
- PRACTICE PACKS: All high quality Under Armour and Allison products – Hoodie, Sweat Pants, Tech Tee, and Shorts(1stfive items on the website) all for $139.99. We ask if it does not put too much stress on your family that you purchase these. They can be ordered individually as well. It allows the team to look professional and be uniform in their approach to the game.
- PLEASE CONTACT: SAM MANNINO (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in purchasing an RFH logo lacrosse glove. He is working with Lacrosse Unlimited if there is enough interest. Sam has further details.
- Due to players desires to purchase the newest top model helmets, sizing issues with particular models and players wanting to keep helmets throughout the off season, we are no longer providing helmets to players. Don’t panic. We have a series of options for everyone. 1. We have on a first come first serve basis, Cascade R helmets that have been reconditioned for $75. 2. We offer the new Cascade S for $268.79 (retail $335.99) use promo code in cart (RFH20). 3. We will be raising money to help fund the program and you will have the ability to hit a target and receive the Cascade R reconditioned helmets while supplies last.
- There is additional spirit wear available for the whole family as well. A number of the items are totally customizable. We will have a significant amount of spirit wear opportunities later in the month as well.
Sincerely, RFH Youth Lacrosse Board
We hope you found this message to be useful. However, if you'd rather not receive future e-mails from us, please click here to unsubscribe
All IN! - Honor the Game
Rumson Fair Haven Lacrosse is completely parent run and funded.
APPENDIX – RFH HS SPECIFIC DOCUMENTATION IN CONNECTION WITH JEVIN
Below are links to all forms that need to be handed in to the Athletic Office in order to be cleared to participate in the Lacrosse Program. If you have played a Fall or Winter sport you already have submitted these forms. All forms must be submitted to the Athletic Office NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 1, 2020. Handing them in after that date may put you in jeopardy of being cleared to participate on March 1.
If you are a current 10th, 11th or 12th grader and you DID NOT participate in the Lacrosse Program last year, you MUST reach out to Coach Moreau prior to registering. Please email Coach at MMOREAU@RumsonFairHaven.org
FORMS (Click on the Form Name):
- Concussion Consent Form
- Consent to Random Steroid Test
- Scholastic Student Safety Information Act For Parents/Guardians
- Athletic Physical Form
- Health History Form
- Sudden Cardiac Brochure
- Sudden Cardiac Sign Off Sheet
- Opioid Fact Sheet
- Opioid Sign Off Form
- Sports Related Eye Injury
Everyone needs to register for JEVIN and select lacrosse. The sooner this is done, the better we can communicate schedules going forward. Please make sure you update your current grade when you register in Jevin.
Registration for 2020 Spring Programs
Registration for Spring 2020 RFH High School Boys, RFH Youth Boys 3rd - 8th Grade, RFH Youth Girls 5th - 8th Grade and RFH K-2 Boys opens Jan. 3rd. You must be a resident of Rumson or Fair Haven to be eligible for registration.
About RFH Youth Lacrosse
We provide a fun, safe, instructive, competitive environment for any boy in grades Kindergarten through 12th and any eligible girl in grades 5th -8th who lives in Rumson/Fair Haven and who wants to learn, and participate in, the sport of lacrosse. RFH Lacrosse Youth Lacrosse is a registered 501c3 and completely parent/donor funded.
email@example.com Boys program
firstname.lastname@example.org Girls program
P.O. Box 465
Rumson, NJ 07760