K - 2 BOYS
RFH Youth Lacrosse (K-2) Parents and Players:
Welcome to the 2018 season! We are excited to introduce your sons to the great game of lacrosse. It is our goal to teach the boys the fundamentals of the sport and to have fun.
We teach basic skills and fundamentals in a fun and active environment with plenty of experienced coaches. The 2018 registration fee is $135, with a $15 late fee after March 30th.
Full equipment is required.
All players are required to have an active, up to date, US Lacrosse membership through June 15th. Go to http://www.uslacrosse.org to check your players membership status.
If you wish to volunteer for any activity, please let us know. Even if you know little about the game of lacrosse, we can teach you enough to be effective and enjoy it.
We will begin on SATURDAY, APRIL 21st, and run Saturdays to June 16th, with a break for Memorial Day Weekend.
Please note the format for 2018 has changed slightly from previous years:
1) Beginner - All Kindergartners and first time First graders. Traditional Saturday morning clinics from 9am-10am. Note: We are flexible if you want to move your First Grader to the experienced group at some point during the season.
2) Experienced - All second graders and the first graders who went through the clinic last year. One weekday practice (time/location TBD) and games on Saturday from 10:15-11:30am. Note: We are flexible if you want to move your First Grader to the beginner group at some point during the season
Location: FAIR HAVEN FIELDS (FHF):
We will be running Two Sessions on Saturday mornings:
Kindergarten/First time 1st graders: 9:00 am – 10 am
1st & 2nd: 10:15-11-30
Please arrive (15) minutes early and have the boys suited up for a HARD START on time.
All Boys will receive an RFH Pinnie and Shorts. For the first session please have your son wear his own shorts.
The boys will need the following equipment to participate (No Exceptions):
- LACROSSE HELMET + mouthpiece (NO Hockey Helmets)
- Lacrosse Gloves
- Lacrosse Elbow Pads
- Lacrosse Shoulder Pads
- Protective cup
- LACROSSE STICK*****
*****Please make sure to outfit your son with an adult size stick/head and not a toy swizzle stick. If you have any last minute equipment needs, there is a Lacrosse Unlimited store on Broad Street in Red Bank. We will have hacksaws at the first couple of sessions to fit the shaft to your son’s body size.
***Please make sure their cleats are tied properly throughout the season***
IMPORTANT POINTS AND REQUESTS FROM THE COACHING STAFF:
- HYDRATION—Please make sure your son has ample water for breaks
- DRESS—Please make sure your son is outfitted with layers for April/May weather
- WEATHER—We will play if it is cold and or lightly raining. BE PREPARED
- SESSION CANCELLATION—We will do our best to make the call by Friday night if there is an inclement forecast via the EMAIL System. We want the kids to play so there may be some last minute cancellations.
- IF YOUR SON CAN’T MAKE IT: No worries, no need to let us know.
- ALLERGIES/SPECIAL MEDICAL NEEDS: PLEASE LET US KNOW
GOALIES (First & Second Graders): Goalies are HOT COMMODITIES in lacrosse. They are the generals of the team and the most respected players on the field. We are privileged to have fathers/RFH coaches in town who were exceptional division 1 goalies and are willing to work with the boys if they show the motivation to learn. There is great opportunity for your son to rise in the program at this position so please reach out and encourage them to explore it. We will supply the equipment at the K-2 Level and will begin to mesh in Goalie Work as the season progresses.
PARENT FUNDED: Many people do not know that the RFH Lacrosse program from K-12 is entirely parent funded. We encourage you to get the word out, ask how you can contribute, donate; et cetera to help the program continue to grow and our children prosper. Please refer to rfhyouthlacrosse.org for ways to assist and/or contribute.
HISTORY OF LACROSSE: Play Hard, Honor the Game: Please take the time to watch with your son the following documentary by Syracuse University entitled: America's First Sport which highlights the Native American Legacy of Lacrosse and our connection to the spiritual side of the game (55 Min)
COACHING: If you have lacrosse experience and would like to get involved, please reach out. If you have no lacrosse experience but have solid experience in coaching other sports such as soccer, football, basketball or hockey and would like to get involved, please let us know. If you would like to just get involved, LET US KNOW!!!!
RFH Youth Lacrosse K-2 Head: Tom Collard
More info coming soon....
|Team||Game / Event||Date||Time||Location|
About RFH Youth Lacrosse
We provide a fun, safe, instructive, competitive environment for any boy in grades Kindergarten through 12th who lives in Rumson/Fair Haven who wants to learn, and participate in, the sport of lacrosse
email@example.com Boys program
firstname.lastname@example.org Girls program
P.O. Box 465
Rumson, NJ 07760