HIGH SCHOOL BOYS
Rumson Fair-Haven High School Boys Lacrosse is a completely parent funded organization offering Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshmen teams. The Head Coach is Marc Moreau and the program is administered by RFH Youth Lacrosse and RFH High School. RFH is a member of the Shore Conference. Outside of the Shore Conference schedule, RFH HS Boys Lacrosse plays an extremely competitive schedule including top ranked teams within the state and nationally.
PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY!
Registration for the Spring 2019 RFH HS Boys Lacrosse program can be accessed through the website.
The registration platform is the same as last year so most of your information should be captured. Please update where necessary.
You will need to login to the www.rfhyouthlacrosse.org website and register to play. Most of you know, the high school program is a self-funded sport at the high school. We rely on the registration fee charged to the players, fund raising initiatives that each player will have responsibility for, as well as the generosity of donations to fund the high school lacrosse program. We continue to work with our vendors and staff to minimize the cost as much as possible. The current fee to participate at the high school level is $525. It is an increase of $10 per player from last year based on general administrative cost increases and overall cost increases from most of our vendors. Similar to last year, each player will be responsible for raising a minimum of $300 through the Charity Mania fund raising platform. Each family will be given a complete explanation of how the fundraising initiative works at the required parent meeting January 23rd at 7 pm in HS Auditorium. Details of the meeting will be out shortly. We also understand that individual families face financial challenges at different points in time. If your family cannot afford the registration fee or the pre-season fee, we have given partial scholarships to a limited number of families under extreme conditions. We also have structured payment plans available. Please contact Gordy Sweely at 908-230-9536 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have a confidential discussion.
There will be voluntary workouts scheduled for all RFH HS players beginning in late January. In order to provide everyone a jump-start to the season, we are excited to have Rob Auletti running the sessions. We have 8 pre-season indoor field sessions this year. The cost of the sessions is $200. You can register for the sessions either through the website or direct link https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/163190.
If you have previously registered for the Box/Field sessions or the Field sessions, there is no need to register again.
The schedule is as follows:
|Thurs 1/31||Tues 2/5||Thurs 2/7||Thurs 2/14||Tues 2/19||Thurs 2/21||Tues 2/26||Thurs 2/28|
|8:00 – 9:30 pm||8:00 – 9:30 pm||8:00 – 9:30 pm||8:00 – 9:30 pm||8:00 – 9:30 pm||8:00 – 9:30 pm||8:00 – 9:30 pm||8:00 – 9:30 pm|
Note: All sessions held at Compete Academy (1930 Heck Ave. Neptunr City, NJ)
The season officially starts Friday, March 1st.
III. We will be playing the most competitive schedule in program history against teams from around the state as well as the shore conference. Tentative Schedule is posted on our website – www.rfhyouthlacrosse.org
- We have consolidated vendors in order to bring wholesale prices to our players across a broad range of lacrosse equipment. We have a private website:
You can order our standard “Practice Packs” at extremely competitive prices, with some items being totally customizable to include the players name and number. Please see notes at the end of this letter for details and instructions on web ordering.
- Please also register upon completion of the online registration in the HS Jevin system. Go to www.rumsonfairhaven.org, type “Jevin” in the search, you will be directed to Athletics and see a “Click Here” for Jevin. If you have not been on the system, create an account and register for lacrosse, if you are already on the system, please register for lacrosse. It is essential to register on Jevin by February 1, as paperwork is due to the Athletic Department before you are eligible to play on March 1st. Go to appendix at the end of this doc for further information.
- Lastly, we would like to thank everyone for the support of our organization since it inception. We are proud of the success our high school has had (2017 and 2018 State South Group II Champions) in a short period of time. We look to build on these successes both as an organization and individually for our players as they transition to the college game.
WEBSITE ORDERING: MUST BE COMPLETED BY JANUARY 23rd
Most information is pretty straightforward. If you know retail pricing of gear and helmets, you will see the significant discount we offer. Additionally, we will receive a credit toward necessary high school equipment with every purchase. You will also receive a discount code from Universal Lacrosse, after purchasing the practice packs if you have any other needs. https://www.allusportswear.com/team-stores/rumson-fair-haven-lacrosse.html
- PRACTICE PACKS: All high quality Under Armour and Allison products – Hoodie, Sweat Pants, Tech Tee, and Shorts (1stfive items on the website) all for $125. We ask if it does not put too much stress on your family that you purchase these. It allows the team to look professional and be uniform in their approach to the game.
- Due to players desires to purchase the newest top model helmets, sizing issues with particular models and players wanting to keep helmets throughout the off season, we are no longer providing helmets to players. Don’t panic. We have a series of options for everyone.
- We have on a first come first serve basis, Cascade R helmets that have been reconditioned for $100. We will be raising money to help fund the program and you will have the ability to hit a target and receive the Cascade R reconditioned helmet for free, while supplies last.
- The Cascade S is listed on our gear website. NOTE: please use RFH19 at checkout for the helmet and receive a 20% team discount. (approx. $270)
- Stay tuned: additional spirit wear will be available for the whole family as well. We will make that website available later in January.
QUICK CHECKLIST: 1. REGISTER AT www.rfhyouthlacrosse.org
- FIELD TRAINING https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/163190.
- JEVIN REGISTRATION www.rumsonfairhaven.org type Jevin in search
- PRACTICE PACKS https://www.allusportswear.com/team-stores/rumson-fair-haven-lacrosse.html
- HELMET – if needed
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS – Parent/Player Meeting Jan. 23rd 7pm @ HS
Sincerely, RFH Youth Lacrosse Board
APPENDIX – RFH HS SPECIFIC DOCUMENTATION IN CONNECTION WITH JEVIN
Below are links to all forms that need to be handed in to the Athletic Office in order to be cleared to participate in the Lacrosse Program. If you have played a Fall or Winter sport you already have submitted these forms. All forms must be submitted to the Athletic Office NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 1, 2019. Handing them in after that date may put you in jeopardy of being cleared to participate on March 1.
If you are a current 10th, 11th or 12th grader and you DID NOT participate in the Lacrosse Program last year, you MUST reach out to Coach Moreau prior to registering. Please email Coach at MMOREAU@RumsonFairHaven.org
FORMS (Click on the Form Name):
- Concussion Consent Form
- Consent to Random Steroid Test
- Scholastic Student Safety Information Act For Parents/Guardians
- Athletic Physical Form
- Health History Form
- Sudden Cardiac Brochure
- Sudden Cardiac Sign Off Sheet
- Opioid Fact Sheet
- Opioid Sign Off Form
- Sports Related Eye Injury
Everyone needs to register for JEVIN and select lacrosse. The sooner this is done, the better we can communicate schedules going forward. Please make sure you update your current grade when you register in Jevin.
Registration for 2019 Spring Programs
Registration for Spring 2019 RFH High School Boys, RFH Youth Boys 3rd - 8th Grade, RFH Youth Girls 5th - 8th Grade and RFH K-2 Boys opens Jan. 3rd. You must be a resident of Rumson or Fair Haven to be eligible for registration.
About RFH Youth Lacrosse
We provide a fun, safe, instructive, competitive environment for any boy in grades Kindergarten through 12th and any eligible girl in grades 5th -8th who lives in Rumson/Fair Haven and who wants to learn, and participate in, the sport of lacrosse. RFH Lacrosse Youth Lacrosse is a registered 501c3 and completely parent/donor funded.
email@example.com Boys program
firstname.lastname@example.org Girls program
P.O. Box 465
Rumson, NJ 07760